MC (MULTI COMBINATION) LICENCE
Multi Combination Auto Volvo
Multi Combination Non Synchromesh Gearbox
TLIC4006A – Drive a Multi Combination Vehicle
|Training Course if current Qld HC licence held||Training Course if current Qld HR Licence is held|
|2 days (approximately 16 hours)1st day theory / driving
2nd day driving plus assessment
|3 Day (approximately 24 hours)1st day theory / driving
2nd day driving only
3rd day driving plus assessment
|$1,500 GST Exempt||$2,200 if assessed on day 3 GST Exempt
$1,500 if assessed on day 2 GST Exempt
|$110 per hour – extra training needed to lift a gearbox restriction from a HR Licence
$130 per hour – extra training needed to lift a gearbox restriction from a HC Licence
Trainee already holds an unrestricted Heavy Combination Licence and has recent experience
Trainee already holds an unrestricted Heavy Rigid Licence and has recent experience
Student requirements for this course:
- You must hold a current Qld HR or HC licence.
- Whilst you can undertake a MC Course at any time after obtaining a HR or HC Licence, The Department of Transport and Main Roads will not issue you with an MC Licence until you have held your HR or HC for a continuous period of 12 months.
- If you are upgrading from a HR licence you will be required to do a “in house” driving assessment in a HC vehicle before progressing on to the MC Assessment.
- If you are upgrading from a HC licence but have not driven a HC for some time then you may require some refreshing training in a HC vehicle before progressing on to the MC Assessment.
- If you need to lift a gearbox restriction off your licence to obtain an open licence, then there maybe additional costs depending on your driving ability and how you progress through your course.
- NSW Licence Holders are permitted to undertake all their training and assessment with us in Qld and submit their Statement of Attainment for the issuance of NSW MC Licence at RMS NSW under a “Mutual Agreement” arrangement between the States. Whilst the principles of the operating the vehicle are the same, it is the road rules and Legislation that varies from State to State. We will endeavour to cover off on as many of the differences as we are able to.
- We run courses on a regular basis – 7 days per week.
- Theory component of the course is delivered in a classroom environment, prior to any practical driving. Theory sessions consist of small groups (1-4) to ensure quality training and participation.
- Theory sessions normally commence at 8 am and finish mid pm.
- The practical training is organised by arrangement with the trainee and as it is conducted on a one-to-one basis, it can be started as early as 6 am
- You must successfully complete the formal training (theory) and the practical training before a Statement of Attainment can be issued.
There is no further charge for course materials i.e. workbooks and training material etc. We also provide an information for students booklet with details of how the course will be run, what will be covered, how to prove competency etc.
Student Handbook and Code of Practice
Click here to view a copy of our Student Handbook and Code of Practice if you would like more information on how we operate as a Registered Training Organisation, including payment terms, refunds, appeals and complaints, standards etc.
Our trainers are all Accredited Trainers and Assessors with extensive industry experience. We deliver quality, industry relative training in a friendly, low stress environment. Our training is tailor made to suit each individual’s needs to achieve competency and a successful outcome.
We have a fleet of modern vehicles that allow for driver comfort and assist us in focusing on the job of being a truck driver rather than the idiosyncrasies of a particular gearbox.
Assessment is competency-based, and is a combination of written assessment of knowledge and practical demonstration of skills.
Refresher Training is available in our vehicle at a cost of $150 per hour or in the employer’s vehicle at a cost of $100 per hour.
Please note that all students are different and some students may require additional training to achieve competency. We will discuss arrangements for additional training and assessment on a case by case basis.
Course Booking Procedure
Please call 5537 8101 and we will run through some questions with you on the phone to make sure the training chosen is suitable, or alternatively you can complete the course booking form attached and fax it back to 5537 9245.
After the booking form has been processed, A 1 hour initial assessment lesson will be booked (included in the price for the course) to check your current competency for the licence you hold and allow our Assessor the opportunity to tailor make a training plan for you, discuss any issues you may have, any gearbox restrictions that need to be lifted etc. This assessment lesson will be done approximately a week to 10 days before you commence your course.
We will issue a confirmation of your course enrolment and send your pre-course learning material together with the student hand book and code of practice (if requested). We will also take a deposit of $1,000 at this time.
The cost of your course does not include any extra training that may be needed to lift a gearbox restriction from your licence. This training will be charged at the current hourly for HR or HC non synchromesh training as required, in consultation with yourself as you progress through your course
Our Multi Combination Driving Course Covers:
- Understand the theory behind the safe operation of a Multi Combination Vehicle, including OHS issues
- Know your vehicle
- Knowledge of the Road Laws
- Coupling and Uncoupling of Dollies
- Trailer Craft
- Defensive Driving
- Effective management of hazardous situations
- Monitoring of traffic and road conditions
- Slow Speed Manoeuvring
- Management of vehicle condition and performance – Fuel Efficiency and minimise emissions
- City and Highway Driving
- Legal Requirements
- Axle weights
- Load security
- Wheels Tracking Turning and Handling
- Fatigue Management and Work Diaries
- Route Planning
- Conduct a detailed pre-drive operational check and a post operational check of the Vehicle and understand the importance of these checks
- Emergency Procedures
- Full Theory and Practical Assessment
Issuance of Multi Combination Licence
- Your Statement of Attainment will be produced and issued to you following a successful outcome of competency.
- You must lodge your application for licence, in person, at any Department of Transport and Main Roads Customer Service Centres with the Statement of Attainment together with your current driving licence.
- There is no charge made by Department of Transport and Main Roads for your licence upgrade, unless your licence is due for actual renewal
- You are not legal to drive a multi combination vehicle until this has been done.
- If you lose or misplace your Statement of Attainment, there is a $50 administration fee for the re-issuance of a replacement copy.
- A Multi Combination Licence will cover a heavy vehicle driver for B Double, B Triples and Road Trains.
- It is recommended that you apply for your Multi combination Licence as soon as practically possible.
Please click here to download and complete our booking form, we will contact you after it is received.
- Telephone us on 07 5537 9244 (and mention that you found us on the web)
TO ASK A QUESTION:
- Please use our short on line enquiry form.